The other day I talked about what I love about travelling, but sure. There are some things I hate about travelling. Okay, hate is a strong word. Things I like the least would probably be more fitting. I have decided to share these things with you.
1. Repacking my bag – I mostly spend about 2-8 days in the same place and the longer I stay in one place the more I need to pack afterwards and in the end the times I have to repack my bag adds up…
2. Not being able to spend time with my family – I love my family and I love to spend time with them. Occasionally, I catch my self in thinking: “Oh, I wish they were here with me”, but luckily I have been able to travel alongside them 🙂
3. Inefficient hospitals/offices etc- When you come from a country that is fairly efficient inefficiency can get a bit too much. Sure, it is part of the charm of travelling, but when you are lying very ill in a Malaysian hospital, you just want to see a doctor fast….and it makes you miss your mum just a bit more 😉
4. Always answering the same questions – When you travel you will meet a lot of new people. It is great, but they all tend to ask the same questions: “Where are you from?”, “How long are you travelling for”, “Where have you been and where are you going?” etc. It can get a bit tiring in the end….so find someone to travel with for longer 😉
5. Jetlag – I do not get jetlag every time I travel (Thank God!), but it can be a killer if I do. Apparently, I tend to get it more when I travel west than east…..I try to prevent it, but it doesn’t always help. On my last trip I had jet lag and became very tired, so my brain and my body didn’t really work together that well…
6. When I have to leave places I love – it is hard not to fall in love with this beautiful world and it is always a bit hard to leave the places where I have left I heart knowing that I might never come back 🙁
7. Saying goodbye to all the new friends I have met – I means I will have to make new friends and answer the same questions again. Making new friends is mostly fun, but it takes time reconnecting and I am not always ready to say goodbye to all my new friends
8. Knowing that there might be places and people I will never be able to see again – it is always a bit sad….
9. Always have to consider who to trust and be extra aware of my surroundings – It can be really tiring…
10. Going home – I haven’t experienced travelling and then being happy about going home (Sorry mum. I still miss you all when I travel). I just want to continue my travels…..hopefully I will be able to buy a one way ticket some day and just return when I am ready (sorry again mum 😉 )
Luckily, there are more things I love about travelling than I things on this list! And of course it is all part of the charm, but sometimes most of these things can just get a bit too much or it might not be a good experience at the moment, but then I mostly spend some time on my own or time reflecting upon the experiences and then it becomes all fine 🙂 What do you hate/dislike about travelling?
Tak fordi du læser med!
Latest posts by Tine (see all)
- Rejseguide til Singapore – Seværdigheder, spisesteder og insidertips - 23/03/2017
- En vidunderlig aften i Can Tho - 16/03/2017
- Hvilket kamera skal du vælge til rejsen? - 15/03/2017